By: Robin Kniech
We did it, once again! We ran an authentic campaign based on a solid record of accomplishments. We demonstrated how together, we’re making progressive change happen in Denver, and how we’ll build on that success. And we won!
I want to sincerely thank:
- Each and every voter.
- The nearly 800 who invested financially to get our story out there.
- Those who invested time attending events, talking to family, friends, and voters you didn’t know.
- Every re-post, re-tweet and yes…those who proudly displayed the first-ever (and last-ever!) Kniech for Council Yard Signs!
- Those who read and engaged with emails and debates that dove deep into the issues, as we proudly defied the rules of the standard political playbook.
- Together we touched every corner of this beautiful, diverse city, and ran a campaign we can all be proud of. ¡Muchísimas gracias a todos!
Tomorrow–yes tomorrow! even though it’s the day after the election and my BIRTHDAY!–I get started on my very next ordinance by briefing a stakeholder group on how we’re going to smooth the approval path for Tiny Home Villages. We’re going to create a more dignified interim solution for more of those experiencing homelessness who are caught in the gap between shelter and supportive housing. Just one of the changes we’ll make in the years to come.
As I continue to serve you, I only ask that you continue being my authentic, strong and passionate partners through this final chapter of our City Council journey.
Forward. Together. For One More Term